Reports making the rounds suggests that the President of Gabon, Ali Bongo Ondimba is a Nigerian, from the Igbo ethnic group.
Reports in the West African country indicates that Ali Bongo was adopted by a former leader of the country during the Nigerian civil war.
The shocking revelation was reportedly made in a court in western France on Thursday, when a relative of Ali Bongo Ondimba, was allowed to view his birth certificate.
The court in Nantes reportedly allowed a daughter of former president Omar Bongo, 25-year-old Onaida Maisha Bongo Ondimba to view the documents.
Her lawyer Eric Moutet was quoted to have said the decision was ”˜enormous‘, though ”˜diplomatically complex.
Ahead of Gabon‘s election, opposition parties have accused him of lying about where he was born.
The accusations was given life, after French investigative journalist, Pierre Pean revealed in a recent book that Ali Bongo was a Nigerian and was adopted during the Biafran war in the late 1960s.
Bongo, however, claims that he was born in Brazzaville in 1959.
Latest Updates ...
- Pope Francis Addresses On Going Priest/Bishop Okpaleke Battle in Imo State
- Music: Future ft Nicki Minaj – You Da Baddest
- Music: DJ Spinall ft Mr Eazi – Calm Down
- AFRIMMA 2017 – Complete List of Nominations
- Like Lekki, Lagos Mainland, Enugu and Ogun, Flood Takes Over PortHarcourt (photos)
- Music: Tory Lanez & Trey Songz – Wild Thoughts (Remix)
- Tiwa Savage’s Son Jamil is “Guccified” for Birthday Shoot (photos)
- Music: Puff Daddy ft Biggie & Rick Ross – Watcha Gon’ Do